Welcome to ReturnZap! Easier customer returns are just a few clicks away.
ReturnZap is full of powerful functionality to create return labels, customize you return policy, and save you precious time. But you need to configure the app before you can get started!
This guide will walk you through key features of ReturnZap and provide step by step instructions to get the most out of the tool.
Configure Your Return Policies
- ReturnZap allows you to configure your returns policy – select whether your policy allows for refunds, exchanges, and/or refunds to store credit
- You can also set the maximum days after order delivery that you wish to permit customers to initiate each.
- For example, you may allow returns for a full refund up to 30 days after delivery but beyond that restrict customers to exchanges or store credit only
- Navigate to Settings >> Return Policy
Choose Return Label Options
- ReturnZap supports 3 types of customer returns:
- Customer ship using their own label
- Prepaid store label
- Customer paid label during returns flow
- You can enable and configure each of these options using the ReturnZap label settings page
- Until you configure your settings customers will be able to return using their own labels and via paid labels
- Navigate to Settings >> Shipping and Return Labels
Define Your Return Reasons
- Within the Settings >> Return Policy page, you may also define your own custom return reasons
- By default, ReturnZap supports the following return reasons: Wrong item, Did not like, Wrong Size, Broken, Other
- Want to use the default options? Great! You can also delete, rename, or add your own reasons
- Return reasons will be displayed to customers via the self service returns portal and associated with the RMA for tracking purposes
Configure Customer Notifications
- With ReturnZap, you can completely customize the notifications that your customers receive throughout the returns process
- Navigate to Settings >> Notifications to see a list of templates that can be modified to match your shop look and feel
- Edit the send from email address from which customers receive notifications
- For reach return stage you have configured, add text to the email body if you wish to notify customers when a return enters this status. For example, you can use this setting to notify customers that their return has been received and a refund is on the way.
- Customize the message displayed to customers when they successfully initiate a return via the embedded returns portal – full HTML is supported!
Embed the Returns Portal
- ReturnZap allows you to embed a self service customer returns portal directly on your Shopify storefront
- Navigate to Settings >> Customer Portal
- Once added to your shop, you can customize the look and feel of the returns portal with some simple code. Learn more.
Define Powerful Rules
Note: Paid Plans Only
- If you wish to add advanced functionality and build logic around customer returns, go to Settings >> Rules to configure your own custom workflows
- Rules work by specifying one or more conditions and one or more actions. You can configure the rules to apply the action(s) if any or all conditions are met
- Store owners can use rules to route returns back to different warehouse for different vendors – this is especially useful if you are dropshipping
- Other examples include preventing returns if order value is below a certain threshold, or only allowing refunds to store credit for certain return reasons. The sky is the limit!
You should now be well on your way to using ReturnZap to the fullest to take the headache out of managing your customer returns workflows!
Can’t find what you are looking for? Check out the ReturnZap help center for more information, or reach out to ReturnZap customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.